Director Welfare of SC, Assam has published a notification for Assam Post Matric Scholarship 2021 for Sc Students
The student who is interested in Assam Post Matric Scholarship 2021 details and completed all eligibility criteria, can apply Application form before the last date.
Assam Post Matric Scholarship 2021 Details
|Directorate of Welfare of SC, Assam
|Government of India
|Name of Scholarship
|Assam Post Matric Scholarship 2021
|Name of Scheme
|Post Matric Scholarship to SC students
|2021 – 2022
Objectives of Assam Post Matric Scholarship 2021
The main objective of Assam Post Matric Scholarship 2021 is to provide/supplement financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education
Conditions of Eligibility for Assam Post Matric Scholarship
- The scholarships are open to nationals of India.
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized Institutions/ Universities/ Colleges, where PMS-SC can be availed for intermediate, graduate, post graduate courses.
- Only those candidates who belong to Scheduled Castes so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs /domiciled as determined by the State/UT and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- The ceiling on age limit for admission as regular student in different classes should be decided by concerned Institutions
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I.Sc. after I.A. or B.Com. after B.A. in other subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T./B.Ed. will not be eligible.
- Students pursuing Post Graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education for courses in Central/ State Universities only. Non-refundable fee shall be paid directly to the student’s account.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Central Government/ State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
Note: Please download the official notification for more information
Conditions of Eligibility of Institutions/Universities/colleges
- The Institutions/Colleges at the time of submitting Scholarship applications of students studying will also submit/ upload details of their registration, affiliation and accreditation, courses being offered and number of seats approved for each course.
- The college/lnstitution will ensure minimum 50% of renewal in respect of students availing post-matric scholarship for the academic year, before applying for Scholarship for the next academic year provided where the institution is able to give good and sufficient reasons for not achieving minimum of 50% renewal; the above mentioned limit will not apply. The good and sufficient reasons Simply natural calamities like flood/ drought/ unforeseen circumstances/ law and order problem etc.
How can you apply for the Assam Post Matric Scholarship?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Scroll down and check The Important Link ‘s section & Click on Online Application Link.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 3: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 4: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 5: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 6: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 7: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 8: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 9: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Important Dates of Assam Post Matric Scholarship
|Last date for submission of online applications by students
|30th Oct. 2021
|Last date for verification of applications by Institutes
|15th Nov 2021
|Defective applications Verification last date
|20th Nov 2021
Important Links of Assam Post Matric Scholarship
|Online Application Link.
|Download Official Notification
|Download Guidelines Pdf file
|Download FAQ PDF File