Director Welfare of SC, Assam has published a notification for Assam Pre Matric Scholarship 2021 for Sc Students of those Students who read in Class IX and Class X.
The student who is interested in Assam Pre Matric Scholarship 2021 details and completed all eligibility criteria, they can apply Application form before the last date.
Assam Pre Matric Scholarship 2021 Details
|Authority||Directorate of Welfare of SC, Assam|
|Scholarship Authority||Government of India|
|Name of Scholarship||Assam Pre Matric Scholarship 2021|
|Name of Scheme||Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC students read in Class IX-X|
|Academic Session||2021 – 2022|
Background of Assam Pre Matric Scholarship 2021
Article 46 of Part IV (“Directive Principles of State Policy”) of the Constitution enjoins upon the State to promote with special care the educational and economic interests of the weaker sections of the people, in particular, of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes. Article 38(2) of the same Part also enjoins upon the State to minimize inequities in income and to endeavour to eliminate inequalities in status, facilities and opportunities, not only amongst individuals but also amongst groups of people residing in different areas or engaged in different vocations.
Objectives of Assam Pre Matric Scholarship 2021
The main objective of Assam Pre Matric Scholarship 2021 is to support parents of SC children for the education of their wards studying in classes IX and X so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized, and to improve participation of SC children in classes IX and X of the pre-matric stage so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-matric stage of education.
Conditions of Eligibility for Assam Pre Matric Scholarship
- Student should belong to Scheduled Caste.
- His/ her Parent/Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum.
- He / she should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre-Matric Scholarship. However, benefit of National Means- cum- Merit scholarship scheme of D/o School 4 Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development can be availed by the beneficiaries of Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC students.
- In pursuance to the provision of Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act 2016, a student is required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar Authentication. If not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, student is required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment.
- She/ he should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she / he would not get scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
How can you apply for the Assam Pre Matric Scholarship?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Scroll down and check The Important Link‘s section & Click on Online Application Link.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Now button below.
Step 3: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 4: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 5: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 6: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 7: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 8: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 9: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Important Dates of Assam Pre Matric Scholarship
|Last date for submission of online applications by students||30th Oct. 2021|
|Last date for verification of applications by Institutes||15th Nov 2021|
|Defective applications Verification last date||20th Nov 2021|